How SERVPRO Can Help with Sewage Cleanup
Sewage is difficult to deal with, so call the experts at SERVPRO to do it for you!
Helping Customer Facing Businesses with Commercial Flooding
A backed-up sewer point in your place of work can force temporary closure while the issue is assessed and remediated. In a customer facing business, this can easily lead to a loss of revenue and usually occur during the busier times of the year. A timely restoration depends on using the right kind of service — one with experience and locally based technicians who can deal with Biohazard materials.
The idea of commercial flood damage in Ohio usually creates notions of extreme weather conditions, heavy rainfall, or other natural events. Most often the problem can be traced back to older plumbing systems that have steadily deteriorated over time. SERVPRO technicians live and work in this area so they can recognize the unique problems faced by our business community.
As a start, we operate a 24-hour emergency call line. Our business communities know that they can reach us anytime, day or night. Following a quick assessment over the phone, SERVPRO can send a rapid response unit to your property immediately. Expertly trained technicians can find the source of damage quicker and put in place preventative measures to limit recurring problems.
When dealing with raw sewage, the priority is to wear the right equipment, and SERVPRO technicians are given the correct clothing which allows them to remedy the situation quickly. The priority is to find the source of the problem and shut it off at the source.
Once we are confident that the source is dealt with, we can begin to remove the damages. Using submersible pumps alongside industrial-grade extractors waste is removed efficiently. After that, we can apply proprietary cleaning solutions and sanitizers to the affected zone. Where there is drywall, we can demolish it, clean behind it and then replace it with new drywall. Our last step is to thoroughly deodorize the affected area to make the damage "Like it never even happened."
Why Communication is Key in the Restoration Business
If you want the job done well with communication the entire time, call SERVPRO today!
“Stayed in communication and made sure I understand what was happening and if I had any questions, they would answer them! I highly recommend them!”
The above quote was from one of our many clients, and for the sake of anonymity, we’ll call them John. John woke up one morning to find that the line to his freezer had broken and caused water to leak from the kitchen into the unfinished part of the basement. He quickly shut off the water and got in contact with us to cleanup and restore the damaged area. The job itself was straightforward; dry out the area, then repair or restore anything that was damaged. But when John wrote a five-star review, he chose to harp not on the work itself, but on the COMMUNICATION he received throughout the process. This decision is interesting because it highlights was sets SERVPRO apart from other restoration and construction companies.
There are lots of companies that can do clean up and restoration, and John probably knew that. It’s easy to imagine that when he saw the damage, he googled what companies could mitigate it. SERVPRO came up, of course, but so did many other companies; some organically and some through paid ads. John had options, but he saw our raving reviews and happy customers, and chose to go with SERVPRO, and he’ll be forever happy he did. We kept him in the loop the entire time. He always had the ability to call us with questions or concerns. He always knew what was happening, why it was happening, and about how long it would take. Despite clean up and restoration being an area that John probably had no experience in, he was able to follow the process of his house and his property being restored as if he was a member of the green team doing it.
Don’t choose a company that just does the work because you’re paying them, choose a company that cares enough to help walk you through the entire process of clean up, restoration, and reconstruction. Choose SERVPRO.
Time Is Money During a Disaster
Time is money, so call SERVPRO as quickly as possible!
SERVPRO Professionals arrive quickly and are trained and equipped to help you regain control of your life when you have an emergency such as a water loss or smoke damage. Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO can be on-site to start the cleanup for water or smoke, the better the results. This could also keep the cost of the claim down.
Emergency Response 1-4-8
Service Response Guidelines
1. Within one hour from notice of loss a SERVPRO Professional will contact your insured to arrange for service.
4. Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services.
8. Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the adjuster.
If you need service, don't wait. Call SERVPRO, and we will be there to make it "Like it never even happened."
Being Prepared for Natural Disaster
Make sure you are prepared for natural disasters!
Natural disasters often feel like an issue that happens to other people, not you, but it's important to have a plan just in case. Having a disaster plan means you're ready in case anything happens, and is an important part of being a business owner.
Disaster Preparations Especially for Business Owners
- Double-Check Your Insurance
Not every business policy is designed with natural disasters in mind. Often, excessive damages from natural causes will not be fully covered, leaving business owners to foot the bill for recovery from their own capital. However, starting this dialogue with your agent and researching the types of supplemental policies business owners may be eligible for will help you be certain you are fully covered.
- Create Your Action Plan
When you are faced with a scenario where you must evacuate from your business right away, it is important to have a plan in place and all necessary supplies in order to do so in as little time as possible. Documenting local shelters, evacuation routes and medical facilities will be helpful, as well as any key actions such as shutting down machinery on your way out the door.
- Rehearse Drills and Prepare Staff
It is important to not only make an emergency action plan for yourself but to also include your staff in the procedures. Once you have your details determined, sharing the plan with your employees and designating those in leadership roles to host regular and varied disaster drills with the teamcan help everyone stay safe and know what to do in a frightening scenario.
- Choose a Restoration Company to Work With
All aspects of disaster planning are important, but one vital thing is knowing how you will get your business property suitable to reopen following the disaster. The best way to do that is to work with a restoration company that has expertise in commercial jobs in order to get your damage restored and your doors reopened as quickly as possible
SERVPRO Will Help Restore Your Business
If your business is damaged by a disaster, call SERVPRO today!
No one wants disaster to strike their business, but unfortunately, something like that is simply beyond your control. What you can control, however, is how you respond when disaster strikes, and that’s where the Disaster Recovery Specialists at SERVPRO of SE Summit County/Lake Township come in!
What Does SERVPRO Do?
The well-trained SERVPRO professionals will arrive quickly to your disaster, expertly but efficiently evaluate your issue, and restore everything so well, it’ll be "Like it never even happened." Thanks to being locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of SE Summit County/Lake Township is faster to any disaster. When your business suffers from flood damage, fire damage, storm damage, or mold, time becomes money, and the faster the problem is masterfully solved, the sooner you can open your business back up and start serving clients again!
What Do I Need to Do?
All you must do is call the local SERVPRO professionals, and we will help you through every step of the process. We know your business is important to you; it’s important to us too! We will take care of you and your property every step of the way in this difficult time.
There’s never a good time for a disaster, but there is a good time for responding to it, and a good time for entrusting the resolution to passionate experts, and that time is right now. So, give us a call, and let us do what we do best, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
Being Ready for a Fire
If you have fire damage and need fire damage repair in Summit County or Lake Township, call SERVPRO today!
While it's important to take steps to keep your SE Summit County or Lake Township home safe by preventing fires, sometimes it's just out of your control, and in those instances, you need to already have a plan in place. Here are five things you can do to be ready should there be a fire in your home.
- Maintain Your Smoke Alarms Properly
This includes making sure your smoke alarms are in the proper places, have fresh batteries, and are tested at least once a month to make sure they are ready to alert you in case of danger.
- Ensure You Have an Exit Plan
Everyone in your house should be aware of every way they can escape from the home. It is important to have at least two methods so that if a fire is blocking one way, everyone knows an alternative route. Make sure everyone in your household can recite the exists from memory.
- Have Emergency Contacts
It is important to have an emergency contact to call if you or a member of your family is separated during the fire. It is especially important for kids to memorize the phone number of a neighbor, or a family member who lives close by who can look after them should they become separated.
Practice makes perfect, and during a real fire emotions or panic can make it difficult to think. That's why it's important to run drills every four to six months, so that, in the event of a fire, everyone knows what to do without having to think about it.
- Calling 911
Make sure everyone in the family knows to call 911 and can recite their address so the first responders can get there as soon as possible.
Preparing for Freezing Weather
If you have freezing or flooding problems,
With winter coming soon, it’s important to be ready for the freezing weather. Every year, SERVPRO of Se Summit County/Lake Township experiences a high volume of emergency water losses caused by freezing pipes, often leaving behind major disasters in homes and businesses.
- It is important to know where your water shut off is located. In the case of a frozen water pipe burst, you will first want to stop the source by shutting off the water immediately.
- Insulate exposed pipes, especially if they are in unheated rooms.
- Leave open bathroom and kitchen sink cabinet doors during extreme cold spells to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
- During below zero weather, keep a slow trickle or constant drip of water flowing through faucets. Water is less likely to freeze if it is constantly traveling rather than sitting in the plumbing.
- Keep your heat set to the same temperature both day and night.
- If you plan on being away from your property for an extended period, leave the heat on and set the thermostat to at least 55°F.DO NOT turn your heat off completely.
If You Discover Frozen Pipes:
- First sign of freezing is reduced or slow-moving water flow from a faucet.
- Do not use an open flame device to try and thaw the pipes.
- Methods you can try to unfreeze the pipes on your own include using a hair dryer, heating pad or hot towels, heat lamp or portable space heater.
- Make sure to keep the faucet open when treating the frozen pipes.
- Check additional pipes and faucets for freezing.
When a Frozen Pipe Bursts:
- Shut off the water at the main valve.
- Contact your local plumber to repair the broken pipe.
Call your local water restoration professionals, SERVPRO of SE Summit County/Lake Township A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. If winter weather causes water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of SE Summit County/Lake Township, today!
Outlet Fire Prevention
If you have fire damage and need fire damage repair in Summit County or Lake Township, call SERVPRO today!
- Watch out for extension cords and multiple wires that are hidden behind carpets and curtains
- Overloading Circuits is a common mistake especially for families who possess multiple electronics because they do not split the devices and run a different circuit.
- Install an operating fire extinguisher and smoke detector
- Prepare a plan for emergencies
- Having a plan prepared can prevent injuries and accelerating the process of leading everyone back to safety.
Fire and smoke damage should not be taken lightly due to the dangers it may cause; action should be taken immediately to prevent further destruction. Smoke can spread throughout an entire structure under a couple of minutes.
If any damages occur after a fire, SERVPRO of Southeast Summit County/Lake Township specializes in residential or commercial services, back to “Like it never even happened.”
Cook With Caution
If you need fire damage restoration in Barberton/Norton, call SERVPRO today!
Cooking is a great way to bring family and friends together, provide an outlet for creativity and can be relaxing. But it can also be dangerous if you don’t take the proper precautions. Below are some a safety tips to help prevent fires and keep everyone safe.
“Cook with Caution”
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking.
- Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains — away from your stovetop.
- Have a “kid-free zone” of at least 3 feet around the stove and areas where hot food or drink is prepared or carried.
If you have a grease fire, here are some tips to stop it.
- On the stovetop, smother the flames by sliding a lid over the pan and turning off the burner. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed.
What To Do About Leaky Pipes in Summit County and Lake Township
if you have water damage in your Summit County home make sure the call the experts at SERVPRO of SE Summit County/Lake Township today!
It’s no secret that water damage is bad, not only can it cost a lot of money to fix if left unmitigated, but it can also lead to the growth of molds that can cause health effects. Mold needs water to grow and can grow quickly if things like leaks and water damage aren’t fixed quickly, and that’s why it’s important to check for leaky pipes, and if you find one, it’s important to know how to fix it.
- The first thing you can do when fixing a leaky pipe is see where the water is coming from. If it’s coming from a loose coupling nut (the thing that holds pipes together), then it’s pretty easy to grab a wrench and tighten the nut, fixing your leak.
- If the leak is caused by a crack in the pipe itself, you will need to use either plumber’s tape, self-fusing silicone tape, or epoxy putty to fix it. These are easy to apply, just make sure the water is turned off then wrap the pipe if you’re using tape, or just apply putty to the pipe and give it some time to dry.
After fixing the pipe, make sure to clean up any standing water, and check back every day or every few days to make sure there is no more water or leaking.
If you’ve had water damage or mold growth due to a leaky pipe, call SERVPRO of SE Summit/Lake Township and out professionals with take care of everything.