If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (330) 786-0505

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Smoke Damage from Fireplace in Mogadore, OH

This Mogadore Ohio home had major smoke damage from a dirty fireplace.  SERVPRO of Southeast Summit County / Lake Township always recommends keeping and maintaining your fireplace in good and clean working order.

The main culprit of chimney fires is creosote. This highly flammable, dark brown substance coats chimney walls when by-products of a fire, smoke, vapor, and unburned wood condense as they move from the hot fireplace or wood stove into the cooler chimney. If the temperature in the chimney flue is high enough, and the creosote build-up thick enough, creosote can catch fire—and that fire can spread and move up the flue.

If your property ever experiences a situation like this get everyone out first.  Call 911 for your local Fire Department to properly extinguish the fire.  Once everything is safe call SERVPRO of Southeast Summit County / Lake Township to remove the damage from the fire, smoke and soot.  We can even reconstruct it back to "Like it never even happened."